July 8, 2020 – An update from Saanich Neighbourhood Place (SNP): Plans to Reopen
When will we be welcoming families back?
SNP in Tillicum (inside Pearkes) will reopen by appointment only starting July 13, 2020, in line with Saanich Parks & Recreation restart plans. Families who wish to connect with us can call the office at 250-360-1148 or email to email@example.com to request an appointment. All programs offered will be by invitation or registration only.
SNP in Royal Oak (Royal Oak Neighbourhood House) will remain closed until September 2020.
SNP in Gordon Head (at St. Aidan’s) will remain closed until September 2020.
Best Babies: Program resumes July 21, 2020 – The group will be divided into pre- and- post natal sessions, with a limited group size. Sessions will be one hour in length, and include a freshly prepared box lunch. Registered participants will be contacted by the Program Facilitator with details.
Community Kitchen: TBD August 2020 – Participants will be invited to attend kitchen sessions in small groups. Participants will be required to wear a mask when attending and childminding will not be available. More information including program length will be available soon.
Full o’Beans Preschool: September 2020 – Parents of registered children will be invited to attend information sessions in August 2020. Preschool programs are expected to begin, with modifications, after the Labour Day weekend.
Drop-In Programs, by location: TBD – Online programming may continue to be offered for some programs, visit our Calendar for details. When ‘in-person’ programs resume, participation will be by invitation or registration only.
What steps are we taking to reopen safely?
Over the past several weeks, Saanich Neighbourhood Place has been monitoring the current public health situation, and adapting services and programs to maintain some level of assistance to our families. As we look forward to ‘in-person’ meetings once again, we have taken direction from the Province, the Medical Health Office, Worksafe BC, the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and the Municipality to inform decisions and protocols in our spaces.
In order to maintain the health and wellness of our staff, families and visitors to our programs, we have made some significant changes, which will be in effect until further notice.
Without exception, staff and visitors will be asked to avoid attending if any of the following apply:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches or headache
- Sore throat
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
While we will not be conducting any health checks, we ask that everyone is vigilant in monitoring their own wellness and act accordingly.
SNP in Tillicum, at Pearkes Recreation Centre:
- Access to SNP will be open to participants only. We can not accommodate others, such as support people, at this time.
- Participants will be directed to enter the Pearkes Recreation Centre through the main doors of the building and proceed directly to the SNP entry station, currently half way down our hallway. Everyone will be asked to sign in, which includes signing a COVID-19 self-assessment declaration, and use the hand sanitizer or wash their hands in the hall washroom.
- Program facilitators will be on hand to guide participants directly to the space they will be meeting in.
- Participants will be asked to practice physical distancing (minimum 2 meters or 6 feet apart) and cough / sneeze etiquette.
- Masks will be required for participating in some programs where physical distancing is not possible or where food preparation is involved.
- Everyone will be asked to exit through the door at the end of the hallway and out through the playground when leaving SNP.
- We will not be able to offer childminding services at this time.
- Food service will look different, with fresh pre-packed lunches and snacks to take home with you.
- Programs will be shorter, to allow more time in between sessions for extra cleaning.