Our Family Support Team have experience working with youth ages 11 – 18 who may be facing various challenges or mental health issues. We meet with youth at school or in the community and build a rapport through one-to- one support.
- Parenting Support
- Youth Anxiety and Depression – assisting with strategies and liaising with other resources
- Family Communication Meetings: providing an opportunity for families to bridge gaps and talk about their feelings, needs and strengths
- Practical Supports: food security, job search assistance, extra curricular activities, etc.
- School Support and Communication – attend IEP meetings
- Liaise and case manage with parents, MCFD, other youth workers, mental health counselors and other professionals in the community
- Groups, such as RAFT, Reducing Anxiety for Teens, is facilitated 2 – 3 times a year.