September 28, 2020 – An update regarding the Royal Oak Neighbourhood House
Location: 4525 West Saanich Road
Beginning Monday November 2nd, Saanich Neighbourhood Place will be taking inquiries for rentals at The Royal Oak Neighbourhood House. The facility is a 800 sq-foot historic one-room schoolhouse. There are 5 steps leading up to the front doors. There is also a side door which is wheelchair accessible. There is an accessible bathroom with changing table. The kitchenette has a large drip-coffee maker, a fridge, sinks and counter space for light meal preparation.
Please note: a facility attendant will be on-site for the duration of your rental.
All Rentals Include
- 30 chairs
- 8 round tables
- 2 low rectangular wooden tables (child-size, or used as coffee tables)
- Projector and screen
- Audio equipment\
- Use of Kitchenette & dishes
- Use of wireless (basic web browsing, no video streaming)
What to Expect
- The space accommodates a maximum of 15 adults comfortably (Adjusted due to COVID-19).
- Renewable supplies (food, coffee, napkins, etc) are not included, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- The outdoor area to the right of the building has a large picnic table. This area is not fenced-in and is close to the sidewalk and road. Please use caution if you plan on using this space with children.
- Please note that for safety reasons, rubber balloons are not permitted in the Royal Oak Neighbourhood House. Foil balloons are permitted.
Eight parking spaces are reserved for users of the Royal Oak Neighbourhood House. There is limited 2-hour parking on West Saanich Rd. Additional vehicles can park at Royal Oak Shopping Centre (where Country Grocer is located). Please do not park in the Shady Oaks Plaza beside the Neighbourhood House, they will tow!
The cost of the space is $50 per hour. All rentals must be at least 3 hours long, including set-up and take-down time. Should the renters be in the space for longer than the agreed upon time, they will be invoiced for the additional time. Cash and debit payments can be issued in person at our primary location, Saanich Neighbourhood Place 3100 Tillicum Rd. Cheques can be made out to Saanich Neighbourhood Place, and mailed to 3100 Tillicum Rd, Victoria BC, V9A 6T2. E-transfers can be sent to email@example.com. Please contact us if you wish to pay by credit card, a 2% transaction fee will be added. Recurring rentals must be paid monthly, on the last business day of the previous month, eg. November rental fees due in full on the last Friday of October. At time of booking the fees for the first month of the rental are due.
If you need to cancel your booking, we will refund a portion of the booking fee according to the following schedule:
- 30 days or more before the booking: We will refund 85% of the booking fee (15% administrative fee is non-refundable).
- 15 to 29 days before the booking: We will refund 50% of the booking fee.
- 14 days or less before the booking: No refund can be issued.
- Rentals and program spaces have a posted occupancy capacity. Please do not exceed the occupancy limit.
- Please keep a record of all who enter and leave the space, including contact information, arrival time and departure. Be prepared to share this information upon request.
- Renters must acknowledge that they are solely responsible for their own group of attendees.
- Renters will be responsible for sanitizing the space at the start and end of the event, unless a facility attendant is requested to do so, in which case additional fees will be incurred.
- Sanitation supplies will be provided by SNP.
- Personal protective equipment will not be provided by SNP.
- All attendees will be directed to enter the facility through the main front doors and proceed directly to the entry area for sign in. Basic contact information must be provided.
- We will not be doing health screening, but strongly encourage those who feel unwell or exhibit any signs of illness to avoid coming to the facility.
Despite all precautions being taken, there still remains a slight risk that attendees may be exposed to the virus.
You will be required to read and sign a rental agreement.