Regarding the current climate of uncertainty around coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and its potential impact on our programs and services at all three of Saanich Neighbourhood Place’s locations:
- As of today, Friday March 13, 2020, Saanich Neighbourhood Place will be operating our programs as per usual. In the event that the District of Saanich closes their recreation facilities, we will also be obliged to close our doors. We have been informed that Pearkes Recreation Centre is taking its cue from the school board, which is basing these decisions on the facts of the situation and making rational decisions about closing schools for the health and safety of students and families.
- Unless told otherwise, drop-in playgroup programs will continue with the same guidelines as usual:
- no children above the age of 5 (yes, even during Spring Break!)
- stay home if you or your children feel unwell, have runny noses, a cough, fever or any other cold/flu symptoms
- We have decided that for the time being, we will no longer be offering snacks that we have prepared. We will offer pre-packaged food, but ask that families attending please bring snacks for their children if possible.
- Full o’Beans Preschool is closed for Spring Break from the 16th to the 27th of March, and will return to classes as expected on March 31st unless we are instructed otherwise by the District of Saanich and Island Health.
As things evolve, we will provide updates on our website and social media. For more information, including what precautions to take to keep our community healthy, visit the following website: